After finding great bedding sets and accessories, lighting was still an issue.
Older Condos tend to be a bit darker with very little light, so lamps and accent lights were important….but getting them to fit with the our "look" was an issue at times.
So I tried doing something a bit a different….find the right lamp and make the shade work by painting them and with colors to match the bedroom.
I know I wanted include my favorite theme of Birds….so I went to the web for a quick picture search to sketch my choices for the cloth shades.
A bit of tweaking and altering the colors…the birds came to life as I began to sketch the ideas.
Paper first with added watercolor pencils to work the colors.
Here is the bedding colors I need to work with for the custom painted shades….here I go, keeping my fingers crossed it works out.
I started by lightly sketching the birds onto the shade, using a watercolor pencil, I didn't want to have carbon smearing onto the new shade.
Next, painting the birds in the same palette of colors as pillow….
Did not use any water with my acrylics since I did not want the paint to run or bleed onto the shade.
So I opted for textile medium to add flow to my paint.
I really liked the way they turned out, it just took me a while to get emotionally ready to add the paint to the shade, but once I started, I just looked at them as just another canvas in an odd shape.
I think I will try it again, after I catch my breath and relax a bit.
They were shipped to Colorado and client will send me pictures for me to post later.