Thursday, November 10, 2011

Redoing our Fireplace

Before pic. with uneven plaster hearth and bright red metal surround
Re-done Fireplace with Bronze metal finish and Faux Marble technique in Sienna tones and new remote control fire.
Close-Up of Croc plaster finish for hearth
Quircky finish I thought would be ideal for uneven floor of hearth to resemble other furniture

View of Croc on hearth
Gray tone plaster Croc before painting in browns
Well, after sitting and staring at our Den fireplace for almost 9 months since I moved into our home....it finally dawned on me to get some of my artistic tools out and begin the process of creating something fun and yes... a bit unusual finishes for our own home.
Looking around the room, my husband is surrounded with warm tones, leathers and skins that add more browns with the hard wood floors that are found in the home.
So I took note of that and decided to play it up and have fun with the finishes I have done for other clients.
My husband has been wonderful by encouraging me to play with our home and make it ours with our personality....and wants me to paint to my hearts desire. So slowly I will be creating finishes as the room dictates....I'll be posting as the changes continue.
Enjoy the weekend.

No comments: