Thursday, October 29, 2009

Artsy Thursday

Wa-La! Done.....Perfect for his nursery


Final finishes....small satin ribbon glued around
the inside portion of the frame to add interest.
Some velcro was added inside the center pocket to secure larger objects when stored.



Close-up of ironed glued strip to create clean borders & trim for the large pocket for do-dads. Frog fabric was cut & ironed on each side of pocket with red trim ironed & glued in place for nice piping effect. Lower pocket was then stapled on each side of canvas frame to secure along frame. Fabric buttons were also reused & painted to match fabric and glued in place.


















I have to admit, when it comes to working with fabric, I leave it to the professionals...but with this project, I turned to my ever handy glue gun, iron, no sew strips and staple gun. So if I can do it....I'm sure the rest of you can do it without any problems.
Just be patient & careful with that "Hot" glue gun.

After looking around several favorite Blogging sites, I thought I should join in the fun & share a recent "artsy" project with some Before & After pictures. What was fun about this, was the idea of using an inexpensive framed canvas....knew when I picked it up in a Tag sale, it would be repurposed in some way.
So here it is....using some of my clients fabric left-overs, I primed & painted the frame to match her sons bedroom decor. Left the Sante Fe canvas and covered with 3 layers of quilt batting for the Bulletin board before stretching & stapling Green Check fabric.

No comments: