Thursday, January 29, 2009

Being Girlie





Today I decided to play with some of my Favorite Girlie collectibles....my vintage collection of compacts. I started collecting them as a curiosity of what I would see in old movies...women dining and dancing, dressed up to the nines with little purses and dainty make-up compacts ready to used as the dab some powder on their nose. It seemed so romantic and classic, that when I came across one at Estate sales , Tag sales or Antique fairs, I hoped I would be able to come home with one....and another and another!
So here are a few I wanted to share with you...jeweled ones, Sterling, Repousse are so compact, that everything from your powder, lipstick, coins and few dollars would fit into your palm.

One of my favorites where I place some aspirin for those unfortunate headaches...is a dainty Victorian compact with 2 little fairies....if the aspirin doesn't work...maybe these fairies will do their magic.

1 comment:

debi lynn mattingly said...

Hi sweetie!

Cute blog! I love all your "girlie" treasures...and I see you love a lot of my yaya friends! :)

xo...deb